The permanent tie offs are for these reasons.
1. Safety for me and my employees.
2. So that we do not have to poke holes in your roof and reseal the holes every time we are up there.
3. Its less wear and tear on your ridge caps.
4. Its less labor in the long run, because we do not have to set a tie off each time we do work.
5. Its better for you for liability reasons, it shows that you are responsible and care about the safety of your roofing contractor.
My employees and I are always properly tied off and fully safe. If we do multiple jobs on your roof on a regular basis it is a very good idea to have them. Permanent tie offs are small and not noticeable and we color match them with paint to match the color of the roof. They are 100.00 each parts and labor. I do not recommend that anyone other then us use the tie offs. We are not responsible for the safety of others who use them as there are a lot more safety factors then just having a tie off. If you absolutely do not want them we can do temporary anchors. Thank you